Farm for Sale
May 1, 2013: The farm is officially sold. Good luck to the new owners!
18 Acres Hobby Farm for Sale
10718 Hudson Road, Mazomanie, Wisconsin
Update 3/17/13: Accepted offer, anticipating successful closing on 5/1/13
We had an unexpected offer at the very end of October to move to the east side of Wisconsin. It was a gut-wrenching decision as we love this area, and we were having so much fun raising our happy animals. But, the job offer was wonderful, and we’ll be very close to countless family members. As 2013 is getting under way, we are putting our happy little farm up for sale. For more information, please contact James & Jessica Jens at 608-393-6568 or email@example.com. We have also listed the farm with a realtor. You can find the listing here: http://wisconsinhomes.com/listing/1675934#
You are still welcome to contact us with questions if you would like.
Own a piece of land to create your own country dream, and be close enough to the village to easily walk to the park, library, and historic downtown. The farm is located on the west edge of Mazomanie. It is bordered by a long, beautiful section of the Black Earth Creek (bring your fishing pole and canoe in the summer and ice skates in the winter) and includes a six acre hayfield plus approximately eight acres of pastures. Land along the creek is partially wooded and a delightful oasis of nature (tons of wildlife – muskrat, beavers, Great Blue Heron, raptors, woodpeckers, and so much more). Outbuildings include a barn with four horse stalls and large lofting area, two room chicken coop (built in 2008 & 2012), old chicken coop which is used as a dog kennel, long hog building, and small garage type shed.
The house is a 1900 craftsman style farm house. Here are some stats:
- Approximately 2,000 square feet (finished)
- 3 bedrooms
- 1 full bath, 1 half bath
- first floor laundry
- formal dining room (with built-in, full wall cabinet), living room, kitchen, den
- full front porch and back porch
- hot water, radiant heat – propane
- Stainless steal appliances (stove not included in asking price)
- Many updates: new decking and roof in 2002, all new windows upstairs and some downstairs, refinished original hardwood maple floors throughout; much rewiring work, new ceiling fans, and attic insulation
- Beautifully remodeled bathroom upstairs (2006) includes custom, walk-in slate shower, soaking bathtub, Kohler fixtures, two sink vanity, and bay window overlooking land and Black Earth Creek
- Master bedroom has large walk-in closet
- Wood trim and built-ins throughout
- unfinished, large basement includes a root cellar
The barn is about 35 ft by 50 ft. The aisle is about 15 ft wide. The sides of the aisles are easily sectioned into 10 ft x 10 ft sections. The two at the front of the barn are used for storage, the next four are stalls (one has a door that opens to the south of the barn), and the back section of the barn, about 20 ft x 35 ft, is a large lofting area connected to an outside paddock.
Property has fruit trees (apple, cherry, pear, mulberry); established asparagus, rhubarb, and raspberry bushes; large, mature arbor of concord grapes; perennials, lilac bushes, and mature shade trees. Across the creek to the north is Dane County Park land with hiking, equestrian, skiing, snowshoeing, and snowmobile trails. To the east is village park land with soccer fields, an outdoor swimming pool, and playgrounds.
Move in ready. Bring the animals!
We have just remodeled the kitchen with new cabinets. Pictures of that room and other first floor rooms will come soon!